Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Christianity and Culture Discussion Group

For those of you in College Station:

This is something I've wanted to do for a while, but never got around to it. If you're interested email me at stejahen@hotmail.com

Loosely, the plan would to meet every week or every other week and Listen to a lecture on and discuss a Christian view of Culture, Philosophy, the Arts, literature, etc.

We would is to listen to the lecture first (45min to an hour) and let it spark discussion

Unless we have more then 10 people or so, we can meet in the Commune living room (Walton F-6)

I'm thinking for the first meeting we could listen to "The Importance of Play"
by Douglas Jones. In this lecture he tries to show how playful God is in the Bible and in how he made the world, and why we would do well to live in light of this.

Anyway, I have a whole lot of audio on the general subject, and there's a lot on the internet. If anyone else has something good we could listen to that to. Or we could just discuss a certain topic.

I'm thinking maybe Thursday or Sunday evenings/nights. But let me know what yall think.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Jackson said...

You might enjoy "Apologists Heaven." I forgot the exact web address, but I'm sure if you do a google search, you can find it.

9/14/2005 10:15 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm interested! Highly! But I do have transportation issues.....

That sounds really cool though. Good luck with it! Hope it works out.

9/15/2005 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home