Saturday, December 03, 2005

book selling and my evening


Thankfully my books have started to sell. I sell books on amazon that I buy (primarily) at Half-Price to pay for part of college. This semester I've had a lot (20ish) books for sale, but for some reason they haven't sold very fast. Until this week, praise God, I sold 7 so far!

So with that money deposited in my checking account by Amazon, I grabbed a bus to half-price to buy a few more I knew would sell (but didn't have the capital to buy earlier). Had a good 30 min drawing people on the bus, got to half price, found the books to sell, and I also bought two books for myself to celebrate by good fortune.
Great finds, and I passed up an Owen Barfield Reader! Addicted to Mediocrity is by the famous Christian philosopher Francis Schaeffer's son Franky Schaeffer. Anyway, turns out that both of the two Half Price Books employees working the register were Francis Schaeffer fans! Small world, and very encouraging.

After that I ate Chinese food and watched the Interpreter with Mike, Jonathan M, John M, David G, which was fun, even though the interpreter wasn't that great. Then I came home, photoshopped, and watched Hitchcock's Rear Window with Dakota, which was very good. Watching a hitchcock film makes me hate modern film editing. (Picture a giddy puppy on speed)

So, having a sore throat, and not wanting to go to bed even though it's 4 in the morning, I made some Chai tea with half a lemon and lots of honey, and sat down with my new book on Dostoevsky.

(Edit, I think I'll make this a new post)

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Ann said...

Hey! Rear Window is one of Tim's absolute favorites. I really like it too. I think that I introduced Tim to Hitchock and we absolutely love him! We'll have to watch one sometime. See ya soon. Good luck on finals and Merry Christmas!
~Stace

12/06/2005 8:32 PM  
Blogger Stejahen said...

Awesome, we'll have to watch some Hitchcock together sometime. Merry Christmas!

12/08/2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Yeah, Stacy is right about that. I did especially enjoy "Rear Window".

12/10/2005 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home