Monday, May 15, 2006

Jim Elliot on Psalm 104

On July 7, 1948, Jim Elliot, wrote these words 8 years before he was martyred: "Psalm 104:4: 'He makes His ministers a flame of fire.' Am I ignitible? God deliver me from the dread asbestos of 'other things.' Saturate me with the oil of the Spirit that I may be a flame. But flame is transient, often short-lived. Canst thou bear this, my soul, a short life? In me dwells the spirit of the great short-lived, whose zeal for God's house consumed him, and he has promised baptism with spirit and with fire. 'make me thy fuel flame of God.'"

-the Journal's of James Elliot

(thanks, Buff, for the excellent book!)

1 Comments:

Blogger bethanie said...

you're welcome. Isn't is great? I'm glad you posted that part about Psalm 104. It's amazing. Do you know how old he was at the time he wrote that?

6/15/2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home