Saturday, October 22, 2005

...even more one photography.

"I wonder if this tendancy to try to retain snapshots of what I see is normal or if it is something that the era of the instamatic has bequeathed us. Before the invention of cameras, painters snapped far slower portraits, composed as much of the essence of the subject as of its surfaces. How much of what we see of the world is snapshots rather than the product of a deeper regard ? Whatever, despite my musings on ocular philosophy, I happily loiter just about anywhere and click click click away with the shutter of my mind’s eye..."

-John Howe (from this blogpost)

"People who possess even the rudiments of sensitivity become aware, without any necessary explanations, that holding a camera is not unlike holding a gun."

- a reviewer of the book On Photography at amazon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home