Saturday, November 05, 2005

Tonight I was sort of restless or bored or wanting to do something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I wanted to make something I guess, I need a project, and world to build, a story to tell.

Or something.

Anyway, I painted in painter for a while and ended up making this, which is better then normal for just playing around:



Whenever I had that creative urge in the past, I would work on Vynclif, a myst-inspired world I worked on for a couple years until my computer crashed. This was 3D world, not painting, so all that remains are a few renders I put on the internet.




After that I decided to learn to draw, and that's what I've mostly been doing the last few years, but it get's boring and I'm not to the level where I can really create, I mostly just draw what I see. Some day.

In a way, everything I do, drawing, photography, painting, 3d modeling, reading books on film-making or storytelling or aesthetics or theology, has been an attempt to someday be able to really make something, to sub-create, to build a world with it's places, cultures, histories, and people, and one day tell some sort of story there.

4 Comments:

Blogger John Jackson said...

Boy that's really amazing Stephen. Thanks for sharing.

11/05/2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Stephen, Thats really awesome. I haven't seen alot of your work, but what I've seen has been really awesome. I especially like the antique compass that you did a long time ago. You should post pictures of some of those.

11/06/2005 2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, you're very talented Stephen.
....and productive.
When I'm bored and restless I eat candy - neeearly as productive.

11/09/2005 11:27 AM  
Blogger maplestory mesos said...

hi,guy this site lotro-gold.eu it is about online game's web,we offer the news and important cheats,The main we sell lotro gold,if u want to buy lotro gold,u need lotro gold from this site,it is cheapest,right,u want buy lord of the rings online gold,cheap lotro gold,plz click here:lotro gold,it is cool,isn't it?everyone who play lotro and want buy lord of the rings online gold can get some help from our.we We have mass available stock of lord of the rings online gold on most of the servers,so that we can do a really instant cheap lotro gold delivery.We know what our buyers need so we offer an instant way of cheap cheap lotro gold, the cheapest wow gold delivery.lol…

3/23/2009 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home