Monday, January 23, 2006

Original: back to the origin

Drawing by Santiago Calatrava
Peter Leithart just posted about how Santiago Calatrava (see my other post) is being criticized for being too natural, too conformed to the world God made, as it were, and not conformed enough to the world as we make it: "nature' too - is a human construct." Bleh, the postmoderns are more modern then ever.
Also, John Howe has a beautiful post on the Unbeatable Brightness of Seeing.
...and the folks at christianaesthetic.com pointed me to a great artical on cultural guidelines for artists by Cal Seerveld.

2 Comments:

Blogger noneuclidean said...

Insightful posts, you should have commented before so I could have read your blog long ago.

If you like that Seerveld you should check out Rainbows for the Fallen World. If you haven't already. At the end of that article they mention that some it was taken from that book. It's very allusive writing but well worth the time. I started to understand what he was talking about in the book several weeks after I finished it.

Anyway, I plan on linking your blog on my blog and coming by for more so keep posting. I would love to read some more on what you personally are doing with art. BTW, I really like some of these pictures on your flikr account.

Shalom,
alan

1/25/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger Stejahen said...

I heard a lecture by him a while back, it was good, I'll probable try to find the book through interlibrary loan. By the way, are you familier with Nicholas Wolterstorff? He wrote a book called "Art in Action: Toward a Christian Aesthetic" that looks interesting.

1/27/2006 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home