Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dragon


I didn't watch the super-bowl, but I did watch a few of the commercials today online, and this one (called Dragon made for United Airlines) is a nugget of beautiful visual storytelling, and seems to escape being propagandistic as commercials must by nature be. Here is the direct quicktime link. Other formats here, and an excellent making of video by the director James Caliri. I immediately thought it was by the same person who did the beautiful credits to Lemony Snicket, and it was:

I also assumed both were digital vector animations or something, but no, it was pure, painstaking, stop motion animation with real paper! Both this and the Lemony Snicket credits are just music with no sound or dialogue, but work very well. I look forward to more by this guy.

Thanks to the drawn.ca blog for the link to the making of video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home