Monday, April 10, 2006

Obscure Cities



I've seen something about this before, apparently it was a series of french graphic novels in the 80's, but it seems very hard to get a hold of, and I have no idea if it is available in english. Very rivenesque, though. This image reminds me of an image that I absolutely loved by two Spanish 3d artists Jorge Seva & Sergio Miruri. Unfortunately they seem to have dropped off the face of the internet in the last few years. But here's the image:



Anyway, I found a link to Obscure Cities from some website about Benoit Sokal. Sokal is the author and artist behind the games Amerzone and the Syberia series. Like any good adventure game, his games have great storytelling and worldbuilding. Here's a CGworld article on Syberia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home