Thursday, July 27, 2006

Suspicious sketching


On Monday as I was driving by the plants and refineries in Corpus, I pulled of the side of the road and sketched this one, as I was turning around, the plant security guy pulled up behind me and got my ID, Then the Corpus Christi port police came and talked to be about security and why this would be a terrorist target etc. Then asked me if he could have the sketch. I asked him if I could snap a picture of it with my camera-phone. (that's the officer's leg on the left) And then I ripped it out of my sketch book and handed it to him. I don't usually rip pages out of my sketch books, but then again no one with a gun on their belt ever wanted one before.

So I've been talked to by the police twice for taking pictures, once for moving dirt, once for climbing a tree, and now once for sketching.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

LOL! Wow. What an experience. Seeing that they wanted the sketch, I'm really surprised they let you take a picture of it. Hellooooo..... (given the possibilities of a threat and all).

Still, it makes for an amusing tale. Careful what you draw, eh?

7/28/2006 8:18 AM  
Blogger Caleb Bell said...

That's poppycock. Why did you give it to him?

7/28/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger John Jackson said...

Steeeeephen, am I gonna have to come bail you outta jail agaaiin!

7/28/2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Susan Hartland Olmstead said...

alas, an artist's martyrdom. keep on!

8/04/2006 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home