Friday, April 25, 2008

texan philosopher film-makers


I like philosophers turned film-makers who live in Texas.

Like Terrence Malick and Richard Linklater.

If I ever happen to be in the city where Terrence Malick wrote his thesis on Kierkegaard, Heidegger, and Wittgenstein, I'll have to go dig it up in the university library and have a look at it. Malick, one of my favorite film-makers is notoriously silent, never giving so much as a single interview in decades.

If you take math as a branch of philosophy you can include Shane Carruth in the list, but I guess that's a stretch.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger 1minutefilmreview said...

Nice view.

4/26/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Chestertonian Rambler said...

Does Shane have a "Doctor of Philosophy in mathematics?"

4/27/2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home