Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ruler of the Night

The moon glared at me tonight
as any common street light glares.

I have never looked up at the moon and thought Ruler of the Night (which it was christened at it's birth) But tonight, yes tonight I did!

Once I was riding in a car with some friends and there was a full moon surrounded by clouds in the sky. I said "That looks just like the dreamworks moon!" After a pause someone said "But Stephen, that's a full moon. "Oh...right."

What I had meant of course was the feeling I get when I see that moon in the dark sky is similar to the feeling I get when I see the beautiful DreamWorks moon in the dark theater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Hartland Olmstead said...

I know what you're talking about.
I get the same poetic feeling in movie theatres as well - but only with skittles commercials.

8/09/2006 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home