Wednesday, August 10, 2005

vectors

So basically, yesterday on my lunch break I changed the password from Calculus to Vectors (my mouse pad is my cal book) so that my dear siblings would not get on it. I told my mom the password as I left.

I come home. Sit down at my computer; Type Vectors.

"I'm sorry, did you forget your password?"
No, I didn't

So, I try every misspelling, every typo, every double key stroke, etc.

vectors
vecters
vector
vecter
vetcors
vectros
vectosr
for a long long time.

I almost went insane.
But, I went to google on my brother's Computer, and found a program that promises to tell me the password. So I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully it works, I can't image what the password will be....
______________________
Update: 2 hours later and 25 dollars poorer, I now have my password.

vectores !!!
AAARRRGG. And I don't even have a spanish bone in my body. Well, maybe Portuguese. Seriously, what was I thinking when I typed that in twice?

But, I'm thankful to have it back. http://www.loginrecovery.com/ lets you make a boot disk, that finds the passwords which then must be decoded at their website, for free in 2 days, or now for 10 pounds. Unfortunately I couldn't wait, I needed it for work.

I had to run to HEB to get floppy disks, and I bought CDs back up my computer just in case this happens again.

*Sigh*
Thank you God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home