Sunday, August 28, 2005

Les Miserables




"Yet why did I allow that man
To touch my soul and teach me love?
He treated me like any other
He gave me his trust
He called me brother
My life he claims for God above
Can such things be?
For I had come to hate the world
This world that always hated me
Take an eye for an eye!
Turn your heart into stone!
This is all I have lived for!
This is all I have known!
One word from him and I'd be back
Beneath the lash, upon the rack
Instead he offers me my freedom
I feel my shame inside me like a knife
He told me that I have a soul,
How does he know?
What spirit comes to move my life?
Is there another way to go?"


-Jean Valjean

Nothing moves me like the Les Miserables musical.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Nothing? ;)

8/29/2005 8:52 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I love Les Mis. I got a copy of the novel, but have not started it. I have heard bad things, though I am planning to still find out for myself.

8/29/2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Stejahen said...

Bad things about the novel? I've never heard that. I have heard bad things about the Liam Neeson movie, but I've heard good things too.

8/31/2005 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home