Thursday, December 02, 2004

When it blogs it pours.

I was just reminded of when I was listening to the Harry Potter books on cd.

Godawa, and other apologists, remind me of 'Aurors' in the Potter books. Aurors basically were always on the lookout for any sign of the dark arts, because of this they often came across as overly hostile and suspicious. And that's what Apologists are like a lot of times. :) But we love them anyway. They play a crucial role in the church. It was really fun to read about them and think of their real counter parts.

I was really amazed at the similarities! If Rowling was a Christian, I'd say she had meant it. But that's the funny thing. When Pagans write fantasy, or even any kind of fiction, they don't know how true a lot of what they say is. The whole Potter story is very much a story of a Christ-like person, there are Christian virtues and Christian vices. It's amazing, and she probably doesn't even realize it.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I saw this and thought of you.

1/08/2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Stejahen said...

Ooh, awesome, mike! I had heard Linklater was doing something by Phillip K Dick, but I didn't expect it to be animated. This should be thoroughly interesting!

1/08/2005 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home