Sunday, January 23, 2005

bitter-sweet

I'm somewhat embarrassed that I haven't posted this earlier, but here it goes.

About 2 weeks ago I was looking at my schedule for this semester, Because I foolishly took 17 hours last semester, I was only registered for one architecture class. I started looking at what I was going to do this summer as well, and I noticed that they were teaching my class in the summer. So I thought, if I work this spring instead of summer, I can work twice as much and go to school in a lot less time, saving me thousands of dollars. So I started making phone calls to see if this was possible, after a few days I found out that the summer Arch. classes are for transfer students and change of majors only, but I found out if I find the right design class down here, It will count for my Arch class.

Earning double the money, paying half the tuition/room/board, and getting the same hours in before next fall was starting to look really attractive. It would basically allow me to pay for school next year without a bunch of loans. So the long and short of it is, I got the class a week ago by the skin of my teeth. Which is sad, because I'm going to miss my Friends and RUF and everything. But, I'm thankful that I have such a great family and church here too though.

I'd rather be up there, but it would be foolish to not save several thousand dollars.

I probably won't be on IM much this semester, but remember that ancient mode of communication called email? I'll be using that often enough ( stejahen@hotmail.com )
And I'll read and post on blogs. I may come up for an RUF retreat or something too, so keep me posted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that explains your invisibility. Thanks for cluing us in. Does A&M still consider you a student here, since you're taking a semester off?

The Other Stephen

1/23/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for the information, you'll be quite missed.

1/23/2005 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you...I hope all goes well for you this Spring!

~Amber

1/24/2005 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home